As an alternative approach to the integration steps listed in the detailed Widget integration guide, you can simplify the integration by using Google Tag Manager. Integration of Fit Finder via Google Tag Manager (GTM) consists of a few simple steps:
- Sign in to your Google Tag Manager account https://www.google.com/tagmanager/web/
- Select your account, then click the 3 vertical dots on the right side
- Select "User Management" from the menu
- "Account User Management" menu should open, click "New"
- Insert the following information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- <your_account_name> Account Permissions: “View Account Users Only”
- <your_account_name> Container Permissions: For the relevant container select: “View and Edit” or “View, Edit, Delete and Publish”
- Click the "Add" button (please see image below)
- You’re done! The Fit Analytics integration team will do the rest.
- If you select View, Edit, Delete and Publish in step 5, the Fit Analytics Integration team will be able to seamlessly publish Fit Finder on your website. No additional set up work from you is required.
- If you select View and Edit in step 5, the Fit Analytics Integration team will contact you once the integration is done and ask you to publish Fit Finder on your website.
You are in control! Under the newly created tag (Fit Analytics) you will be able to see the integration code and control the firing/blocking rules and adjust them as you wish.
- Across the board integration
For a successful and seamless integration, your Google Tag Manager should be deployed on all of your website's pages. You can find your GTM container code under Admin -> Install Google Tag Manager.